It may still be tank top and flip flop weather, but it’s not too early to start planning for the holidays. According to industry research giant IBIS World, consumers spend more than $228 billion annually during the holiday shopping season. As a business owner, now is the time to develop a marketing strategy to help you make the most of this opportunity. Here are some ideas and dates to help you get started:
- Halloween is right around the corner on October 31st and offers a great trial run opportunity to try one or two new marketing ideas to help drive sales.
- Thanksgiving – it’s not the start of the holiday season. Not all stores are closed and not all people stay at home. Temporary signage, like door graphics, keep your customer informed about store hours and days you will be open.
- Black Friday – has long been the single biggest shopping day of the year in the US. Advance planning will make sure you have all the tools to both attract customers to your location and get them to buy! When should you start? Mid October for most holiday campaigns. It takes a couple of weeks to get your ideas together and for Specialty Graphic Solutions to make them real.
- Super Saturday is the last Saturday before Christmas. When Christmas falls on a Sunday, watch out. Special retail point of sale signs work great to help with last second gift ideas and work especially well for add on sales.
- Monday, December 26th. That’s the day shoppers come out in force to look for post-holiday sales, use gift cards and make gift exchanges.
So enjoy these last days of summer but don’t let holiday planning fall off the radar. The holidays will be here before you know it!