If you’re trying to create effective retail signs, you may want to consider what CEOs had to say about their goals for 2014. Here are 6 lessons that were shared at the recent National Retail Federation Big Show in New York and how they may affect the signs you choose.
In an interview with Forbes, top retailers including Macy’s and Saks revealed their priorities for the months ahead. Personalization and technology were both big concerns:
1. Establish a personal connection. Getting cozy with customers is key whether you’re a corner store or an international giant. Think about how your signs help to create a happy customer experience.
2. Localize your message. If you have multiple locations, your signs may need a different approach. Maybe they attract different kinds of customers and need signs advertising separate specials that speak to unique audiences.
3. Study big data. Everyone is trying to figure out how to turn information into actionable insights. Make sure you’re collecting essential data and using it to guide your signage and other initiatives. Looking nice isn’t enough to make an effective sign.
4. Make yourself over. Your signs should reflect your future as well as your past and present. Maybe you’re starting to reach out to younger customers or expanding into new product lines. Your retail sign campaigns can help you keep moving forward.
5. Think omnichannel. Ask yourself how your signs serve to brand your business. How do they integrate with shopping apps and your employees to create a seamless customer experience? How do they fit into your overall campaigns? The more these various channels all work together, the more powerful your message will become.
6. Break into fashion. You may be in the fashion industry without even knowing it. Fashion and design issues are becoming more urgent for industries across the board. One striking example is talk about Apple hiring a former Burberry executive to become senior vice president of retail.
We may not be able to introduce you to any supermodels, but our sense of fashion, good design and smart messaging can make your brand look super with great signs. Contact us for creative, effective signs and visual displays. You can reach us at 360-635-5556 or at 503-766-3331 if you’d like to talk about your project. Or if you prefer, simply click on the Contact Us button below or e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Specialty Graphic Solutions will help you Get Noticed with indoor and outdoor signs, vehicle graphics, trade show displays, window graphics, event signage, wall murals and more.